Frequently asked questions for national Roma strategies (NEW UPDATE)
The Roma population suffer in a large extent of social exclusion and poverty. The Roma people have to deal with barriers on the labour and housing market which makes cultural and social adjustment difficult. The Roma are for this reason an important target group in European policies against social exclusion and poverty. Member States play an important role in this fight against social exclusion and poverty. In this document are frequently asked questions for national Roma strategies described and answered.
The following questions will be addressed:
- Who are the Roma?
- How do EU policies support Roma integration?
- What is the role of Member States?
- What are the main areas where Roma face exclusion?
- What are the benefits of better Roma integration?
- How will this strategy framework help the Roma?
- What are the specific EU-level goals?
- How will the Commission check on progress?
- What about Roma outside the EU?
FAQ on National Roma strategies
16 Jan 2012, pdf, 27KB