Erasmus for local and regional elected representatives: call for expression of interest
The European Commission, in cooperation with the Committee of the Regions, launched the European Parliament's Preparatory Action that aims to increase European elected representatives' knowledge and expertise on EU Cohesion Policy.
Through ad hoc training and transnational learning activities, the aim of the "Erasmus for local and regional elected representatives" action is to bring at European level a stronger support to elected representatives, with particular focus on those with little experience in EU affairs and policies.
This help them to:
- Increase their knowledge of European cohesion policy and its rules (e.g. strategic planning, partnership, co-funding, monitoring, additionality, evaluation), with particular focus on territorial and urban development, through the participation in European seminars and workshops;
- Strengthen the interaction and mutual learning approach through the organisation of activities that may facilitate sharing and exchange of experience with their counterparts throughout Europe;
- Increase their ability to implement integrated approaches to sustainable local and regional development.
Over a period of six months, selected candidates will take part in a three-step learning process:
- participation in the OPEN DAYS from 8 to 11 October 2012;
- participation in on-site visits to cities in order to get valuable examples of integrated sustainable urban development;
- participation in the wrap up seminar in Brussels to draw lessons learnt and exchange acquired knowledge.
The deadline to receive the filled in Expression of Interest is the 20th of June 2012. Applications received after this date will not be taken into account.