The Spanish NFP
In each Member State, so-called National Focal Points assume the coordinating tasks at national level and establish subnetworks within their countries delivering knowledge input to EUKN. In Spain, the Secretary of State for Housing and Urban Actions (Ministry of Public Works) assumes the function of a National Focal Point.
The Secretary of State for Housing and Urban Actions.
Secretary of State responsible for exercising the powers that
correspond to the General Administration of the State in relation
to housing and land, it has responsibilities, among others, in
the following policy areas: access to housing, building,
architecture, land and urban policies.
The Secretary of State and EUKN.
The Secretary of State promotes and is part of the European Urban Knowledge Network EUKN since 2004 -as Ministry of Housing-, and through the portal of the Spanish urban knowledge connects the Public Administrations and urban actors: from the European Union up to the Autonomous Regions, without forgetting the City councils that are the responsible of the cities organisation, the private sector, the NGOs and the Universities.
Aims of the Spanish NFP:
- the dissemination and the exchange of best practices, policies and research so both inside and outside our borders;
- the opening towards other experiences;
- the promotion of applied research;
- the development of different activities in order to promote the exchange of information and knowledge exchange on urban matters;
- to participate to establish a sustainable European knowledge exchange infrastructure on urban policies.
Advantages of the EUKN website:
- access to high quality, practical and updated contents on urban issues;
- an accessible and interactive content in Spanish and English;
- descriptions of successful experiences with particular attention to the transferability to other cities, regions or countries;
- a greater visibility of good urban practices;
- a flexible decentralised publication system that promotes synergies between the networks of the National Focal Points, the European portal and other partners.